Gaetano Pesce has created seven unique design objects under Collection Serie Up for B&B Italia using an innovative material, the polyurethane foam.
The armchair Up 5 is the most famous of the collection; the design was inspired by the goddess of fertility to express a personal manifest on women’s political condition in modern society, instantly becomes an iconic industrial design object known worldwide! The armchair is accompanied by an ottoman Up 6 of perfectly rounded shape.
Furtherly, he enlarged the Series Up Collection, which now is composed of:
- The armchair with ottoman Serie Up 2000 – created in 1969, famous in its beige/red stripes covering fabric Soara 170;
- The sofa Serie Up 2000 – was designed the same year, in 1969, a fragment of contemporary art to be offered to a wide audience; its realization was possible thanks to the B&B Italia extensive technological know-how in terms of polyurethane injection molding, a technology allowing to produce any size and form of upholstered items.
- The armchair with ottoman Serie Up 50 – made to celebrate 50 years of its design, wearing a special covering in beige/petrol green stripped fabric Soara 140.
- The armchair Up Junior (smaller, for kids and teenagers)
- The low-back armchair Up 1, by shape reminding a red blood cell; completed with a pouf Up 2, another armchair Up 3, and a 2-seated sofa Up 4.
- The last one is a gigantic foot Up 7 – thought to be multifunctional – first as a sculptural decorative object but also used as a seating (it is also made of polyurethane foam, like other objects from the collection).
All items are upholstered with unicolor or striped elastic fabric; except the giant foot which is made of polyurethane foam varnished black.
You can see all details of the collection on the website of the producer company B&B Italia: www.bebitalia.com .