Some of these unique design pieces I want to present to you today, share the why's I find them useful as much as beautiful. These objects have a relatively low cost for the design value they incorporate, so let me show you why it is worth spending some extra cash to enjoy a timeless piece of art from the list:
1. The clock AIR DU TEMPS Designed by Eugeni Quitllet (2017), particularly in the version GG, which is a transparent thermoplastic technopolymer in crystal and gold. Simple and elegant design, modern and stylish, great for any interiors, including the classical ones.
Size W21.5 D8 H30 cm
2.There is a marvelous place in Southern Italy, on the lands of the Puglia region, called Alberobello. Here, in the prehistoric age, the first trulli was constructed, a dry-wall construction, without mortar, of conical shape, easy to build, and easy to take off when needed. For its uniqueness and beauty, in 1996, this place, with its trulli constructions, became part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
It is where Fabio Novembre took his inspiration when designing this beautiful and unique tableware cookie container TRULLO (2019) made in a colorful transparent thermoplastic technopolymer.
Size Ø25 H27 cm
3. If you live in a house of modern decoration, these lounge chairs Designed by Philippe Starck feat. Eugeni Quitllet (2009) will be such a great acquisition! Its ergonomic shape in the one-piece form is rock-solid and will add a touch of modern interest to all the interior. It is named Dr. Yes and is made of mass-colored modified polypropylene, available in pop colors like Orange and Orange Red, but also achromats like White, Grey, and Black.
Size W53 D54.5 H82 cm
4. In case you are looking for a coffee table for your indoor living room or outdoor terrace and garden spaces, then you’ll love this one! PRINCE AHA was Designed by Philippe Starck (1996), and it’s a beautiful and lightweight (only 2.4 kg) small table, made in colored polypropylene in Milky White, Green Fennel, Lavender Gray and Pigeon.
Size Ø30 H43 cm
5. Table lamp TAJ MINI is a creation of Ferruccio Laviani (2013). With its futuristic design shape and providing a good lighting source (2.8W LED / 2700°K), it will be a perfect functioning for a working table, as much as a timeless piece near a cozy sofa. And it is available in several different colors, from transparent to white, grey and black, or a colorful Orange Red, Green and light blue.
Size W31 D9.5 H32 cm
6. Colorful nightstands with two or three drawers Componibili designed by Anna Castelli Ferrieri (1969), will be a perfect addition to create a Pop Art interior in the Sixties vibe. Made in colored ABS with a glossy finish, it is available in several colors: White, Silver, Blue, Green, Purple, Red, and Black.
The version with two drawers is Ø32 H40 cm
The version with three drawers is Ø32 H58.5 cm
7. This wall clock will provide a high-tech loft-style vibe to your interior, but particularly adequate in the kitchen area. CRYSTAL PALACE Designed by Alessandro Mendini (2015) is made of colored polymethylmethacrylate available in White, Black, Orange, and Green.
Size Ø34 cm
8. Alessandro Mendini designed ROY in 2016. This elegant coffee table is made of a thermoplastic technopolymer, which allowed to inlay into the structure of multiple graphic designs, so it looks fresh and modern. Available in white, black, powder, blue and petrol green.
Size Ø45 H43 cm
9. “Shibuya” is the name of a center for youth fashion and culture, and its streets are the birthplace to many of Japan's fashion and entertainment trends! Moreover, it is one of the twenty-three city wards of Japan. Probably that is why its name is so appropriate to this simple shaped and marvelous vase SHIBUYA Designed by Christophe Pillet (2013), also winning the Good Design Award 2014! This vase is made of a highly resistant, innovative material polymethylmethacrylate and colored in multiple sections. Its cover has a central hole and can be used to hold flowers in the vase or as a separate accessory for tableware.
Size Ø27 H22 cm
10. The last design object from today’s list is the set of three small tables T-TABLE designed by the famous Spanish Designer and Architect Patricia Urquiola (2006). These tables are made of one-piece polymethylmethacrylate mass and have the top carved as an embroidered canvas. Are made in three colors, which are White, Red, and Black, available in three heights:
Size Ø50 H28 / H36 / H44 cm
Which is your favorite designer object? From this list or in general?
Share in the comments.
Best wishes to you all,