If you have had the opportunity to walk in the late afternoon on promenade of the French Riviera Coast (the beach coastline), particularly “la Promenade des Anglais” in Niece, a wide, lively, and very busy sidewalk (7 km long) on the Mediterranean Sea, you probably saw often women wearing cotton knitted striped top, white pants, and comfortable loafers. It looks chic, but casual, very much like a rich sailor that came out from its yacht. It is the perfect look in the summertime for the weekends and for every occasion you wish to spend in leisure (like going shopping, for a walk, to the local grocery, at the barbecue with friends and family, or pick up kids from school).
But where originates this style? - The famous coastal road and walkway “la Promenade des Anglais”, now called just “La Prom” was built in 1820, and the project was organized mainly because of the high influx of English people who begun spending their winters in Nice, on the Mediterranean coast, attracted by the warm climate.
Therefore, all the pieces from the wardrobe to fit into the chic and relaxed atmosphere of the French Riviera Style, must have the following characteristics:
- made of natural materials,
- tailored to fit perfectly,
- with simple stitches,
- minimum decorations, and
- a few high-end accessories.
Now let’s select the necessary garments to create the perfect wardrobe in French Riviera Style:
1) Polo shirts, dresses, cardigans with stripes, with short and long sleeves
2) White pants, can be silk leasure pants, or jeans and man-styled trousers in a stiff qualitative cotton
3) Simple belt in leather or pleated col. camel, brown, navy blue or black color
4) A-silhouette floating dresses, best is knee- and midi- length
5) A trench coat or/and a bomber jacket (in cotton, leather, or silk)
6) A shopper or a tote bag in cotton or/and leather – the best model is the
7) Loafers, espadrillas (wedges) and slippers
8) Accessories: some silk scarfs, an exclusive watch (Swiss is the best!) and sunglasses of classical style
What is your favorite style for the long weekends?